A.1 Learners’ Roles:
1. ISA Online Platforms: Zoom, Edmodo and Google Classroom
|Subject Areas/Departments||Google Classroom||Edmodo||Zoom|
|Pre-School-K2||N-K2||Pre-school to Grade 12|
|Chinese||Grades 1-6||Grades 3-12||Pre-school to Grade 12|
|English||Grade 1||Grades 2-12||Pre-school to Grade 12|
|Writing ( English)||Grades 1-6||Grades 7-10||Pre-school to Grade 12|
|Mathematics||Grades 1-12||Pre-school to Grade 12|
|Filipino||Grades 1-3||Grades 4-12||Pre-school to Grade 12|
|Values||Grades 1-6||Grades 7-10||Pre-school to Grade 12|
|Civics||Grade 1||Grades 2-12||Pre-school to Grade 12|
|Science||Grade 1||Grades 2-12||Pre-school to Grade 12|
|Computer||Grades 5-11||Grades 1-12|
All learners must create Zoom, Google Classroom and/or Edmodo accounts (based on the platform indicated on each grade level) with complete English name and Chinese name and a decent profile picture.
2. All learners must create their Gmail account and consistently use their Gmail account to register or to sign up to Zoom, Google Classroom and/or Edmodo.
Note: Their Gmail account must follow this format: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Learners must provide their own gadgets (tablets ,laptops etc.) that can cater the use of the given platforms written in Table 1.1.
4. A Chinese keyboard must be set-up for the Chinese Language curriculum.
5. Learners must practice punctuality. They must log in 3-5 minutes before the scheduled class in Zoom.
6. School uniform must be worn during class hours. Wearing of ISA uniform is part of the attendance.
7. All learners must attend their classes regularly. In case of absence due to sickness or any other valid reasons, learners must inform their subject facilitators an hour before the class schedule.
Note: If absence is due to sickness, learner must provide a medical certificate in order for him/her to be excused from attending the class. For other valid reasons, a supporting document is needed to be excused.
8. Cameras must be switched on every time there is a virtual appearance via Zoom. Virtual backgrounds are strictly prohibited.
9. Learners must be prepared for classes and must give their full attention to the virtual discussion at all times. Thus, eating or chewing gums is not allowed. Lying or sitting on the bed is strictly prohibited. Learners must look for their learning spot where any forms of distraction will be controlled or even eliminated.
10. Learners must place the necessary materials needed for each subject everyday near their learning spot to avoid any distraction.
11. Proper time management is strongly advised. All learners must accomplish their assigned tasks and finish their assignments on time.
A.2 Procedure for Learners:
Online Class via Zoom
- The necessary materials for each subject must be prepared in the learning spot or study area before the class schedule.
- The learners must attend to their personal/necessary needs before settling down.
- The learners must log in 3-5 minutes before the scheduled online class via Zoom.
- The background must be checked beforehand. No virtual background is allowed.
- The speaker and camera must be checked, and both must be turned on upon admission to Zoom. However, facilitators may turn learners on mute mode to control the unnecessary noise that might be created while the online class is going on.
- The facilitator will have a technical check as soon as the class starts. The learners should give a signal to the facilitator for them to be counted as present.
- The learners must take the quiz as instructed by the facilitator (via Google Classroom or Edmodo). There is a time limit while taking the quiz; therefore, punctuality must be observed. Furthermore, the learners must uphold the values of honesty and integrity at all times. Any form of cheating while taking all kinds of tests posted in any of the online platform is strictly prohibited (see ISA guidepost for rules and penalties).
- The learners must be attentive during the entire duration of the class.
- The learners should avoid physically leaving the class. Should there be a need to attend to personal necessities, the learners must ask permission and may do so only when allowed by the facilitator.
- After the online class, the facilitators will give instructions. The learners must follow each instruction and wait for their next online class.
Offline Learning via Google Classroom/Edmodo
- The learners must log in directly to Google Classroom or Edmodo account during their class schedule.
- The learners must answer the test (if there is any) and worksheets.
- The learners must follow the deadline posted.
- The learners must ask the subject facilitator for clarification if needed.
In case of power interruption/loss of internet connection
A. If the electricity/internet connection of the facilitator will be suddenly disconnected:
- The learners must wait for a maximum of 10 minutes for the facilitator to be recommended to Zoom.
- If 10 minutes has passed, the learners must proceed to Google Classroom/Edmodo to see the instruction posted by the facilitator.
- The learners must perform the task posted.
B. If the electricity/internet connection of the learner will be suddenly disconnected:
- The learners must inform the subject facilitator about the sudden power/internet interruption or disconnection.
- As soon as the power/internet connection comes back, the learners must rejoin the online class.
- If the online class is already done, the learners must proceed to Google Classroom/Edmodo to see the instruction posted by the facilitator.
- The learners must request for an intervention class from their subject facilitator/s.
In case of absence
- The subject facilitator must be informed at least 15 minutes before the scheduled online class.
- The learners must proceed to Google Classroom/Edmodo to see the instruction posted by the facilitator.
- The learners must request for an intervention class from their subject facilitator/s. However, interventions can only be given under one of the following conditions:
- Severe sickness (a medical certificate must be presented to the facilitator).
- Brown out/power interruption.
B. Parents’ Roles:
- Parents must set up a study area conducive for learning (with plain and clean background, free from distractions, with good lighting).
- Parents must provide the gadgets needed for online class e.g. tablets, laptops, personal computers.
- Parents must provide a stable internet connection at home and be ready for any untoward technical issue. Hence, there are procedures to be followed by the learners in case of power and/or internet interruptions.
- Parents must communicate with their child’s adviser or subject facilitator/s of any of their concerns (via messenger, text, email, Zoom).
- Parents must monitor their child’s performance regularly.
- The learner’s honesty and integrity play a vital role in order for learning to take place; thus, the parents are expected to help the facilitators remind the learners to uphold these values when taking their tests, and that any form of cheating is at the expense of the ISAer’s learning.
- Parents must adhere to necessary discipline in their household. Whenever their child/ children is/are having online class/es, they must see to it that noise will be minimized if not completely avoided. They must instruct their household members to refrain from doing anything that may cause distractions to the online class/es.
- During online classes, parents must not do camcording. Uploading of any materials made/conducted by ISA facilitators (online class, worksheets, activity sheets, tests) on any social media platform is strictly prohibited. There is a specific procedure for the learners to follow whenever they miss their online class.
- The assistance of parent or nanny is required for Kindergarten up to grade 2 learners.
- Parents are advised to visit their child’s Google Classroom and/or Edmodo accounts/s regularly for daily announcements.